Monday, December 26, 2011

Brewery to Euharlee 60

Garmin Connect Data
Ride with GPS Data
Training Peaks
Summary
Moving Time: 3:38:00
Distance: 59 miles
Avg Moving Speed 16.2 mph
Elevation Gain: 2,740 ft

Group: Diane, Elizabeth, Rob, Joe and me

Goal: Enjoy the group ride.

The Ride:
Cycling with friends the day after Christmas.

I have to be honest that my attitude when I woke up this morning was really desiring to just lay there, but I know that I would have been really upset for missing the opportunity for this group ride with time off from work. When I stepped out of my truck at 9 am it felt colder than the previous days and once again my motivation took a hit. However, there was no turning back and I rolled out with the small group. I believe we were the only cyclists there.

I was rather surprised how well I held up on this rolling hill course and with this particular small group of strong cyclists. It was probably due to my friends taking it easy on me.

I am very happy to have finished the ride, overcome the negative feeling I had when I woke up and when I felt the cold air. Plus, my legs did quite well considering the rides we have done over the last several days. Another good day of adding to my yearly mileage as the 2011 season nears its end.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~24 oz. of water with Hammer Perpetuem, BCAA's, Gluatamine (1) Cliff bar (1) 40 gram whey protein post ride recovery drink (1) left over chicken, dressing, biscuit about 60 minutes following the ride.

The Weather: Partly cloudy skies at the start @ 35 degrees, End sunny skies @ 50 degrees, breezy

Bike: Cannondale six13, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Power Data:
 Entire workout (122 watts):
    Duration:      3:49:47 (4:00:59)
    Work:          1680 kJ
    TSS:           239.6 (intensity factor 0.792)
    Norm Power:    162
    VI:            1.33
    Distance:      58.89 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    514    122     watts
    Cadence:         7    246    81     rpm
    Speed:           0    34.2    15.4     mph
    Pace             1:45    0:00    3:54     min/mi
    Altitude:        634    880    762     ft
    Crank Torque:    0    1267    137     lb-in
    Temperature:     35.6    51.8    44.0     Fahrenheit

No comments: