Sunday, December 3, 2017

Felt IA16 Bike Lights - ApaceVision




I believe many avid cyclists end up with a drawer full of various bike lights over a span of years. I have quite a few by this point with most of the latest being USB rechargeable. With the wide seat post of the Felt IA16 I struggled a little with finding a suitable rear light that met my desires.

When I use lights it typically because of an early morning start with the sun just starting to rise, fog or storms that come through. I do not ride at night outside so the lights do not have to meet that purpose. I have spent a lot on certain lights and I still like using the Cygo Hotshot clipped on the back of my helmet. I have to clip it on the helmet because that is the weakness of that light not have a decent post mount and certainly will not fit on a aero seat post without some sort of custom mount. At this point most do not have mounts for seat posts as wide as the Felt IA's. However, the Apacevision comes with a variety of mounting bands and I was able to combine two of the larger bands that worked with this seat post.

This will work well for me since I wanted something that was:

  • Easy to remove and left no mount on the bike
  • Is fairly bright in daytime
  • USB rechargeable
  • Has a nice variety of flashing modes
  • Lightweight
  • Reliable - (TBD)
  • Water resistant
  • Flexible mounting options


The only thing that I am sure at the moment is reliability. Overall I am impressed with these Apacevision lights and how they were packaged with a little bag, variety of mounting option rings and charging cable, which was more than I got with some lights costing 4x more.

A worthy contender? I think so. 

Amazon
Rear    Front


No comments: