Tuesday, March 26, 2019

TriRig Alpha One

 

Ordered a few weeks ago and arrived yesterday. I have the SRAM etap aero group along with a few other new components waiting and now the key component the Alpha One bar that will hopefully be installed soon. 

I have an idea of how I want to get the bike set up and by this I mean the ultimate goal is to have a clean appearance. At the moment the mechanical group and original build has a mess of excess cables that are more than abundant in length. Following an example of a S-Works Shiv on Slowtwitch (Link1 and Link2) for location of the blip box below the Dragonfly bottle mount. Thanks for the helpful instructions and pictures. I believe I prefer the blip box to be located here rather than hiding it away in the Calpac storage area.

I am already seeing some attributes that I like over the Felt aero bars that came on the bike:

  • Stable base for the arm cups. I had a lot of trouble with the stock bars in the first ten rides or so with the cups rotating while in a ride. They were torqued to spec and yet they would slip even going a little tighter, greasing the bolts as suggested and using carbon friction paste. They finally stopped moving. With the Alpha One, the cups are mounted to a stable base that cannot move. 
  • The bars can be adjusted and fine tuned a little better for fit and position. 
  • There will be less mess and very minimal cables exposed.
  • There is a solid base to mount a BTA and in my case the Speedfil Z4. Previously I was using a Xlab carbon plate with velcro straps as the base. To me this and the exposed cables were driving me nuts. This Alpha One setup will look fairly clean even though I am mounting the blip box below the BTA. I could have tucked the blip box away in the Calpac but to be honest I like where it is mounted (for now).



Pre-Assembly/Installation Fit Checks



Dragonfly - Top Side (etap blip box connected with S.S. M4x16 Button Head)

Dragonfly - Bottom Side

Dragonfly - Top Side (Speedfil Z4 connected with S.S. M5x12 Button Head)

Dragonfly - Side View

Dragonfly - Top Side

Dragonfly - Bottom Side










Hopefully in the near future I can post up pictures of what I think will be my final upgrade to the 2018 Felt IA16.

My 2018 Felt IA16 blog post keeps changing. Once I get the drive train and bars updated that should be about it. I may need to tweak a few things and hopefully the Speedfil Z4 BTA cage that I have will fit and function well. 

Also getting additional tools along the way is fun. Not like I needed these things, but.....
More stuff coming as well :-)





No comments: