Sunday, November 15, 2009

Comet - More Power Please

Garmin Connect Ride Data

The Ride: The first part of the ride I was not pushing the intensity too much. There was a lot of foot and bike traffic as to be expected on a popular bike path with a day this great. I should have went to the brewery, but it was still a great day. The bike path is still blocked off at the Hiram crossing so at the 15 mile mark I had to turn and go back. That is when the pace picked up for me. There may have been a tail wind, but my legs were feeling better and there was a guy that was pushing a pretty hard pace. I finally went on around and tried to keep my intensity level up, but like yesterday my IF turned out to be lower than I expected. With that many people out on the path it becomes too risky to be riding all out and put some of those people in harms way. That is why I should have went out to the brewery so that I could let it loose and not worry about anything. Oh well maybe the next Sunday ride opportunities I will just stick with the brewery.

Solo: Solo for the most part except a couple a moments I was near someone and drafted a guy a couple of miles until I got an opportunity to go around.

Route Description: Flat bike path.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (1)24oz. bottle with Hammer Heed/10grams Glutamine and BCAA's, (1)Post Ride 30gram whey protein drink and 1/4 Cliff bar

Weather: Sunny and low 70's. Started with shorts, short sleeve jersey, short finger gloves.

Training Goal: No specific goals. Just ride.

Physical Condition: A little tired from training all week, but still a good day for cycling.

Bike and Gear Used: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap Power Meter.

Power Data:
Entire workout (130 watts):
Duration: 1:40:39 (1:42:14)
Work: 778 kJ
TSS: 68.2 (intensity factor (IF) 0.641)
Norm Power: 148
VI: 1.13
Distance: 30 mi
Min / Max / Avg
Power: 0 / 539 / 130 watts
Cadence: 29 / 244 / 77 rpm
Speed: 0 / 28 / 17.8 mph
Pace 2:08 / 0:00 / 3:22 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 / 256 / 50 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 / 895 / 148 lb-in

No comments: