Saturday, September 5, 2009

Riding In South Central Kentucky

Garmin Connect Ride Data

Group: John Branstetter visiting from Alabama(created the route); John Thompson visiting from Lexington, Kentucky and me visiting from Georgia

Route Description: large rollers, short steep climbs and a couple flat sections.

Nutrition Intake During the Course: (1)Hammer gel, (2)24oz. bottles with Hammer Heed

Weather: Beautiful day in Kentucky - 60's at the start and 80's at the finish. Low humidity and slightly breezy air

Training Goal: My intention was to get in some easy cycling miles while visiting in Kentucky ranging because I am at the end of a training period and I need some rest before starting another training period. However an introduction through Facebook friend, Susan Branstetter, asked if her husband John could ride with me while they were visiting Kentucky. John and Susan were coming up from Alabama to visit their family and Cindi and I were coming up from Georgia to visit family. John arranged a pretty challenging route with some fairly steep short hills. Even though my intentions went from an easy ride to a rather challenging ride it was very enjoyable. Both my brother-in-law, John Thompson and John Branstetter were very impressive on the climbs and descents. I kept at a more cautious pace with a lot of patches loose gravel, but the roads were very fun even at a cautious pace. Even though I was in bad need of rest I would not have missed this blessed day for anything. I send out my appreciation to both John Branstetter and John Thompson for a great day out in the hills of Kentucky.

Bike and Gear Used: Cannondale six13, Garmin 705, Powertap Power Meter

Power Data: (will upload the complete data later)
Time 2:55:45
Distance 41:94
Max Watts 745
Avg Watts126
Max Speed 38 mph
Avg Speed 14 mph

No comments: