Saturday, February 14, 2015

BBC31 Solo Injury Recovery Ride

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Ride Data

Overall Ride Metrics:

Distance (miles):
Avg. Moving Speed (mph):
Moving Time: 1:53:03
Total Time: 1:55:22
Ride Total TSS and IF: 110.8 / 0.768

Group or Solo:

Solo

Goal:

Endurance / Recreational Type Ride

Ride Description:

Only a few miles on this Valentine's day because of a couple reasons. I waited for the temperature to warm up a little and could not put in as many miles and the other reason was tweaking my lower back on Wednesday while training my back.

When it all comes tumbling down........
I've had this happen a few times before where everything around my core begins to get tight from weeks of training. The failure on my part is not taking time to stretch out my psoas, legs and hips. I was training my back when it happened but it really went when I sat down and it felt as if two discs just slipped. I knew at that moment things were about to get bad. Within a couple more hours I had trouble standing up straight. Wednesday evening I tried to get on the trainer but could only muster a low watt effort. Thursday I took the day off from cycling training. By Thursday my back inflammation was starting to ease up, but my legs and hips were extremely sore and tight. Today's ride was just to keep some activity in my legs. I hope to back on track next week. Stuff happens.........

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 55
Temperature Finish (F): 55
Wind: Sustained 10 mph W
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and After:

24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink, LaraBar
Home |
Turkey wrap, skim milk

Bike:

LOOK 585,  Garmin 800, Powertap G3, HED Belgium/Conti 4000s @ 95 psi

Overall Power Data (from WKO+):

 Entire workout (140 watts):
Duration: 1:53:03 (1:55:22)
Work: 952 kJ
TSS: 110.8 (intensity factor 0.768)
Norm Power: 161
VI: 1.15
Distance: 31.18 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 558 140 watts
Cadence: 1 103 74 rpm
Speed: 0 31.9 16.6 mph
Pace 1:53 0:00 3:37 min/mi
Crank Torque: 0 1672 163 lb-in
 

No comments: