Saturday, March 11, 2017

Brewery Solo 100

From Strava Premium
Yeah my fitness (FTP) is down from a respiratory illness back in late December and through January, but it is on an upward trend. Anyway on my long rides I typically hit a little bit in each training intensity level along the course. In this ride I fought headwinds for most of the 50 miles going north and that drove up time in the upper levels. I try to keep the bulk of my time at Level 2, but I don't just ride easy all the time on these longer routes. 

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 100
Speed (mph): 17
Cadence (rpm): 70
Time Moving: 
5:56:35
Time Total: 
6:09:45
Work (kj): 
2755
Normal Power: 150
Average Power: 131
Max Power: 379
VI: 1.15
TSS: 
358.8
IF: 
0.789

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Out and Back Spin with a cold headwind going up and a tailwind coming back. Even though I was feeling the fatigue later in the ride my legs felt pretty good and were content holding speed. The tailwind helped as well.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 39
Temperature Finish (F): 49
Wind: N 6 mph
Sky: Partly cloudy, darker clouds later and a brief amount of rain

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Trend BCCA, Maltodextrin (finished near mile 70)
Bottle #2 15oz. Water, Trend BCCA, Maltodextrin
Bottle #3 0oz. Water
GU gel at mile 24
Clif Bar at mile 60

Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  B10 



No comments: