Friday, November 21, 2008

Cold Rain & High Winds





MotionBased Ride Data

Only 4 out of our regular group showed up to ride on this cold, windy and rainy day. Before we started the ride the forecast was 25+ mph winds, cooling temps and clearing rain. When Gary and me met Derek and Keith at the Budweiser Plant the air was cold, damp and breezy, but after a few miles and gusty winds the rain also started up again. We forged ahead pushing against the wind. At the end of this tough ride the average speed was lower than our usual, but I could immediately feel the effort as muscle soreness set in on the ride home and for the next day.

Did we do this to help toughen up mentally or is it that we just hate sitting on the trainer? I thought maybe I was tougher than the absent group members, but I think I will go to great lengths to avoid the trainer when possible. I suppose if I were a tough athlete I may embrace the discomfort of the trainer more.

No comments: