Saturday, September 18, 2010

2010 BBC Metric

Garmin Connect Ride Data:
Garmin Ride Summary:
Distance: 67.10 mi
Elevation Gain: 2,923 ft
Moving Time: 03:44:17
Avg Speed: 18.0 mph
Max Speed: 34 mph

Group: David, Paula, Edgar, Gary, Rick and me

The Ride: I got to start the ride today with some friends that I have not seen in a while. It feels like weeks since I rode with Gary and Edgar and I have not been on a ride with David, Paula and Rick in a long time. We were supposed to meet Claire and Doug as well, but in the mix of a lot of business going on at the 2010 Beautiful Back Roads event we missed rolling out with them. Like usual, this event draws hundreds of cyclists from all over the Atlanta area and probably other states. This is our NARC club sponsored event we had our entry and meal at the end, but these are also our typical stomping ground where we do most of our training or riding. Because it is our usual area none of us are really interested in the full century and we normally opt for the metric (67 mile route).

Our pace started out somewhat normal, but I could tell Rick, Gary and Edgar were wanting to up the speed a bit. David, Paula and I sat in the back with a calmer pace up some of the rolling hills. I was concerned about getting out of my training zones so I wanted to stay seated and spin light up the hills, but some faster riders passed us, David passed me as if to say lets pick it up a little and from that point forward I forgot about everything and just went with the flow. Gary, Rick and Edgar went ahead with a group of faster riders and I went on my own for a fairly solid pace to the end.
 
 I do appreciate everyone that contributed as workers during the event. Nice to sit under the tent and talk to my friends following the ride. Thanks to the Budweiser plant for not only allowing this event to be hosted on their property, but allowing us to park and ride from their plant through the years.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:(2) 24 oz. bottle of water with Hammer Heed,BCAA and Glutamine, (1) Cliff bar (2) Hammer gels (1) 20 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink,
post ride event meal: roasted chicken, salad, roll, two cookies, several glasses of lemonade and tea.

The Weather:  Partly cloudy, 89 (feels like 94 according the Weather Channel), humidity 52%, winds SW 6 mph

Bike: Look 585

Power Summary: (Based on Coogan's Levels)
Total Ride Minutes: 229.88
Summary Table
  Level   Minutes       TSS
      1      3.42      0.27
      2     25.39     18.20
      3     29.97     35.67
      4    146.81    170.50

      5      1.74      2.13
      6      2.96      8.85
      7     14.59     48.39

Power Data:
 Entire workout (130 watts):
    Duration:      3:46:53 (3:52:32)
    Work:          1754 kJ
    TSS:           284.4 (intensity factor 0.876)
    Norm Power:    166
    VI:            1.28
    Distance:      67.459 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    676    130     watts
    Speed:           0    34.5    17.8     mph
    Pace             1:44    0:00    3:22     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0    344    53     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0    780    137     lb-in
 

No comments: