Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wintery Feeling Ride

Garmin Connect Ride Data
Garmin Ride Summary:
Distance: 36 mi
Elevation Gain: 1,824 ft
Moving Time: 02:08:11
Avg Speed: 17.0 mph
Max Speed: 33.0 mph

Group: Gloria, John, Bill, Rod, Terry, Alan, Dave, Ron, Keith and me
Goal: My goal was to try to sustain as much in levels 3 & 4 as possible.

The Ride: There are good days and there are bad days as the saying goes and there is not much I can put in this blog entry that is bright and sunny other than a bunch of us at least got in some time on the bike. I am sure my effort today is nothing that will get remotely close to being a personal best day. To start off we had some confusion since we normally start from the brewery, but they had a Christmas event for the employees and we did not get notice about it until arriving at the brewery. We were scrambling trying to get flag down group members and let them know to park and start from the T/A truck stop so that had us a little out of sorts.

Then there was the weather and as the group rolled out a bit behind schedule the clouds were settling in. The appearance was very winter looking. Dark dreary skies and the breeze was cold and damp. We were keeping it simple with intentions of doing a variation of the marked 48 and add a few miles to get over 50, but at the turn off for the 31 route and with the drizzle getting harder we decided to call it a day and head back in case it were to pour on us.

I did a few extra miles on my own toward the end so most of the group was gone by the time I arrived. I ended up meeting a few of the group members at Wesman's for a quick bite to eat and then headed home. Wow!! I don't know what was going on, but as soon as I got out of the shower I laid down and fell asleep like I had done an intense 100 mile effort. I struggled to wake up. I don't know what was going on and if I was already beyond fatigue before the ride, but at the moment I am flat worn out.

It was good to have Alan Pilling and Keith Kudlac with us in the group today. We have not seen them in a while and yet they looked as strong on their bikes as ever. We had several missing from the group today due to illness so I want to say to Gary, Diane and others that I hope you get well soon and join us on the next ride.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:(1) 24 oz. bottle of water with Hammer Heed,BCAA and Glutamine, (2) Hammer gel (1) 40 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink .

The Weather: Dark,cloudy, misty, Start @ 37 degree

Bike: Cannondale Six13, Garmin 705, Powertap 2.4 wired

Power Summary: (Based on Coogan's Levels)
Summary Table of Minutes of Duration in Each Training Zone
  Level   Minutes       TSS
      1      2.10      0.29
      2     26.82     18.08
      3     51.74     65.24
      4     39.90     39.89

      5      0.00      0.00
      6      1.20      2.78
      7      6.30     27.34

Overall Power Data: 
 Entire workout (127 watts):
    Duration:      2:11:23 (2:22:57)
    Work:          978 kJ
    TSS:           153.1 (intensity factor 0.855)
    Norm Power:    171
    VI:            1.35
    Distance:      36.347 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    759    127     watts
    Speed:           0    33.8    16.5     mph
    Pace             1:47    0:00    3:38     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0    32    6     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0    766    134     lb-in

No comments: