Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Miss You Friend


In Memory of Terry Kihlstrand
February 1950 - February 2011


Terry Kihlstrand, we will miss you. You are certainly in my thoughts and will remain in my memories.
My prayers are with family and friends during this time.

I met Terry during a group ride late last fall and only recently just Terry and I rode together on a 50 mile ride. I was just getting to know Terry and certainly respected and appreciated his love for cycling and staying active.

Terry had moved down from Michigan after retiring from GM to live in the Atlanta area for a few months. His stay with us was to be brief before moving on to Colorado where he looked forward to cycling in the mountains.

While riding with Terry I noticed a guy full of cycling performance and yet humble about his talent. Terry was super easy to like and friendly to our cycling group, which made it so easy for us to welcome him into our group rides.

Certainly there is a sadness in our hearts today that Terry will not be on the road with us tomorrow.
I will turn their mourning into gladness. I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.    Jeremiah 31:13

No comments: