Saturday, March 12, 2011

Brewery To Nickelsville Road

Garmin Connect Ride Data

Group: Diane, Jamie, Lori, Elizabeth, Nancy, Mike Q., Gary, Rod, Peter, Joe, Alan, Chick, Derek and me

Goal: Have some good sustained time in Tempo (L3).

The Ride: I was somewhat surprised and grateful that we had fourteen roll out. It was a great group and with the hope of the weather increasing from the high 30's to the low 70's with full sun. It seemed to be a good day to try to put in another 80 mile ride. I had been anticipating this route for several weeks and perhaps a few others were as well.

At the store stop Gary, Mike and Derek decided to split off for a different route home and a few more miles down the road the group split again. As I mentioned I really had my hopes up to do this route and yet I had some sharp pains along the right side of my leg, perhaps an IT Band issue and had to make a quick choice to split off and go back with Diane, Alan and Peter or take a chance that my leg would be okay and go the full route. I decided it was not worth the risk to the group or myself to keep pushing northward..

Nancy, Joe, Elizabeth, Chick, Lori and Jamie did so good by deciding to keep going forward for the full route. Unfortunately one of the roads on the route was in a terrible mess with large gravel and they had several flats, but all of them did great and returned safely.

Once me, Alan, Peter and Diane arrived near the T/A we had about 65 miles and I decided to track back to add miles and see if I could find the group that had done the full route. I did not find them, but was able to get in my 80 miles for the day.

We all had to deal with some sharp wind gusts on the return, but with such a beautiful day with full sun and warmer temperatures I did not seem to mind the wind too much.


Sun, miles of pavement, friends and bikes. Another day of getting our Cycling Addiction fix.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~32 oz.of water with Hammer Heed, Maltodextrin,BCAA and Glutamine, (2) Hammer gel (2) Cliff Bars (1) 40 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink .

The Weather: Sunny, Start @ 39 degrees, End @ 71 degrees, Winds from WSW 11 mph

Bike: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap wired

Garmin Connect Overview
Total Distance (mi) 82.37 
Moving Time 4:49:56 
Avg. Moving Speed (mph) 17.0 
Max. Speed (mph)33.6 

Time at Power Level (Based on Coogan's Levels)
Summary Table of Minutes of Duration in Each Training Zone
Level Minutes TSS 
3.40 0.54 
116.57 71.01 
146.83 173.98 
13.69 13.16 
0.00 0.00 
2.20 5.02 
5.61 20.81 

Power Summary
Work (kj) 2039   
VI1.31   
TSS 284.8   
IF 0.773   
Norm Power 155   
  Max  Avg 
Power636 118 
Speed (mph) 34.2 17.1 
Pace (min/mi) 3:31 
Crank Torque663 134 

2 comments:

dwnhllgrl said...

must say THANK YOU for being part of the trio getting me back to the brewery. whew! i was T-I-R-E-D! you are riding GREAT jesse! keep it up! :)

The Cycling Addiction said...

Thank You Diane for letting me be part of the trio. I really enjoy riding with you and miss you when you are gone skiing. Stay home :)