Saturday, August 4, 2012

Brewery - 411

Garmin Connect Map & Data
Ride with GPS Map & Data 
Strava Map & Data 
Ride Summary
Distance: 84 miles
Avg. Moving Speed: 16.1
Moving Time: 5:13:13
Total Time: 5:46:04
Ride Total TSS: 235 (0.66 IF)

Group: JB and me
Goal: Endurance training at a lower intensity

The Ride: This may have been my roughest ride of the 2012. I believe it was a combination of fatigue from intervals this week and poor management of the nutrition and fluids during the ride today. Yet even as I enter today's ride data while trying to replenish the fluid and calorie loss my stomach is still feeling out of sorts. It like a phrase that I hear at work a lot, "it is what it is" and you just adapt and go on. So 88 miles in the books even though it wasn't a pretty finish and I move on.

We had a nice roll out and kept a casual conversation type of pace going north. Coming back from the store at 411 and heading back to the brewery we found out that the headwinds were coming pretty much directly at us and were fairly stiff. JB did several great and long pulls in that wind. We stopped at the Sunoco station on the return, which was about 20 miles from the finish. This is when everything started to come apart from me. I finally urged Jaimie to keep going forward at her pace since the skies ahead looked to be turning dark again. I rolled into the brewery parking lot feeling a little worse for wear. I am a bit bummed at how the day finished, but not every outing is going to be the best. I have been fortunate that this is pretty rare for me.

Post ride: I am not sure if it was something I ate or what, but the stomach ailment continues to haunt me well after the ride and there was a hint of it before the ride. Maybe something else is going on instead of what I ate or drank during the ride today.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, Glutamine, maltodextrin (plain water refill)
24 oz from Bottle #2  water, Glutamine, maltodextrin (Gatorade G2 refill)
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Cliff Bar @ mile 42
Home | Protein smoothie

The Weather: Partly cloudy skies, very humid @ 72 degrees, on the return @ 86degrees, steady wind at 8 mph from the SSE (direct headwind on the return)

Bike: LOOK 585,  Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Powertap Data:
 Entire workout (112 watts):
    Duration:      5:20:38 (5:46:12)
    Work:          2149 kJ
    TSS:           235.6 (intensity factor 0.665)
    Norm Power:    140
    VI:            1.25
    Distance:      83.915 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    497    112     watts
    Cadence:         7    246    86     rpm
    Speed:           0    33.2    15.7     mph
    Pace             1:48    0:00    3:49     min/mi
    Altitude:        663    944    780     ft
    Crank Torque:    0    1478    117     lb-in

No comments: