Saturday, April 6, 2019

Saturday BBC Variation Solo

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 4:13:49
Time Moving: 4:12:30
Distance (mile): 65.8
VI: 
1.17
IF: 0.85
TSS: 306
Work (kj): 1,711
Average Power: 112
Max Power: 
594
Normal Power: 131
Cadence (rpm): 67
Speed Avg (mph): 15.6

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Well since the Felt IA16 is not quite finished I thought maybe a spin around the BBC Metric loop would be fun. Ugh....I seemed like a really long ride and though there were not too many times I felt like the wind was brutal it did wear on me after a while. I almost went the 48 mile route, but something stupid within me urged me to stay on course for 60 something miles. 

At one point I did a few miles with a small Team in Training group and I saw several small clusters of groups on this course today. Then it was back in the wind solo and legs burning. My condition is about the level of a club "C" group or very recreational level. Hours after the ride and my legs feel cooked. Tomorrow may be an easy cruise at the Comet.

The Felt IA is almost complete and I may take it to a shop to finish fine tuning the etap group. I have it shifting through all gears, but it sure is making a lot of noise. So does my LOOK with etap. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 55
Temperature Finish (F): 70
Wind: 8mph+ ESE
Sky: Cloudy at the start to partly cloudy

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin
GU gel at mile
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 LOOK  585 

No comments: