Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday Solo Cruise




New general training helmet. The Bell Z20 MIPS is my go to helmet replacing the Kask Protone MIPS. The Kask looked nice and certain was not inexpensive, but seemed to be cheaply made or least the one I had kept coming apart at the adjustment dial. The Z20 feels better, whereas the Kask had sharp edges that I could feel on my shaved head even with a skull cap. I could wear the Bell without a skull cap and the pad on the front is unique. It pulls sweat out toward the front edge and seems to drip off away from the eyes. 

The only negative, and perhaps a big one to some, is my sunglasses would not fit in the vents and hold the glasses like some helmets. Well at least my main pair would not work. I will try another pair of glasses or two to see if this is always the case. 


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 2:15:53
Time Moving: 2:14:29
Distance (mile): 41.3
VI: 
1.08
IF: 0.73
TSS: 120
Work (kj): 973
Average Power: 119
Max Power: 
400
Normal Power: 129
Cadence (rpm): 71
Speed Avg (mph): 18.3

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Just another day working towards endurance. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 88
Temperature Finish (F): 93
Wind: Breezy
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 20oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
Bottle #2 24oz. Water
GU gel at mile 20

Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: