Saturday, July 17, 2021

Saturday Endurance

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 4:02:36
Distance (mile): 66
VI: 1.28

IF: 0.76
TSS: 233
Work (kj): 
1,414
Average Power: 97

Normal Power: 125
Cadence (rpm): 67
Speed Avg (mph): 16.6

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

On Friday evening I was not sure about the weather report, but prepared much of my gear and set the alarm for 4:30 to get an early start if possible. It is funny how I get this idea of the day's weather based on the little icon. It had 15% with a storm icon. However, this is not always how the day will turn out. It was actually fairly sunny with mild temperatures at the start. There were also quite a few groups rolling out of the Budweiser Plant. After a brief talk with Neal I rolled out at 7 on my usual route.

The data may not tell much of a story, but each week I am feeling some positive changes. I am still well below my peak performance levels, but I am encouraged that I am on the right track by slightly ramping up the training load each week. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 70
Temperature Finish (F): 85
Wind: Calm
Sky: Partly 

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Aminos, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: