Monday, May 19, 2008

The Rabbit Has Been Caught




It is official as the picture notes. My good friend Edgar has finally caught the rabbit and Sunday May 18th was the big day for us to witness the marriage of Edgar and Cristi, who is the beautiful and joyful new bride.

Edgar was introduced to Cristi by fellow cyclists in the NARC club and I witnessed a guy that proclaimed that he had no time for marriage quickly change his views. It seemed like all the right chemistry was there and especially the common interests that both seem to have. Cycling being one of them.

Margaret gave the toast that included one of Edgar's famous comments, which is "chase the rabbit." I first heard this phrase back in 2004 when Edgar first introduced me to cycling. He was gracious enough to get me started on the easy Silver Comet trail and would ride at a slow pace as I struggled in that first year with poor conditioning. Yet at times as a fast rider would pass us and Edgar would say, "Chase the Rabbit" and he would be gone in a flash chasing down the cyclist. Most everyone in our small NARC group that rides in Cartersville knows this phrase by now. I even have it stamped on my RoadID bracelet and have become as guilty at times. I'm just glad that Margaret didn't use Edgar's other famous statement, "pick up the pace slacker." I'm not sure how she would have encorporated that phrase in a toast. :-)

Congrats!!! to Edgar and Cristi and may the Lord watch over you two with many blessings upon your marriage. From all of your cyclng friends we wish you the best.

1 comment:

Josh Boggs said...

Give them my best! Sounds like it was a good time!