Saturday, June 21, 2008

White to Adairsville - Brewcrew





Motionbased Ride Data

After whining about fatigue the last few weeks, I had planned to do an easy spin at the Silver Comet. Actually I was looking forward to riding there and giving my body a little break, but I received an invitation to join Diane and Alan's group at the brewery and ride out to Adairsville. I hated missing the oportunity to ride with this group, but I knew there was a risk that I was going to go deeper in the hole concerning fatigue.

The terrain is fairly mild rolling hills with one minor climb up a road called CCC. The group was about 10 and most of them could hold a good pace. I knew it was going to be a tough day for me so I did short pulls at the front and tried to stay at the back most of the time. Toward the end it was pretty easy for me to stay at the back as I was starting to drop off the pace, but so were some others. The front four of the group bumped up the pace even more and broke the group apart. From that point we were sort of spread out. Once I was on familiar roads I was content to hold a mild pace to parking lot.

Thanks Diane for the invitation. Despite me struggling it was a great day riding with the gang.

One of these days maybe I may do that easy spin and get recovered.

No comments: