Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Power It Up!!

I'm real close to tracking data and hopefully setting up a new training plan for my weekdays and I was just this close to getting booted from the spin bikes at the gym. When I received the powermeter we had a little issue that turned out to be nothing more than dead batteries in the hub. I did a quick battery change this evening, mounted the wiring harness, set it up on the trainer and I will soon begin a new training schedule. And the best part I will get the truth about the zones that I am training in, which may be even more humbling once I start seeing numbers applied to effort.

Thanks to Dave Ryan, who helped me get into power training much earlier than I expected. I thought it would be at least another year with hopefully a year end bonus at work that would get me there, but I am very content with a used model that will be a great entry into tracking data.

Thanks to Josh at Outspokin for helping during my vacation especially with all that you have going on outside the shop. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

The only issue remaining is getting my computer to recognize the USB port for the PowerTap computer. I have seen the solution, but will need work through it later.



The corner of the basement my wife gave me to train in. The fan is pretty awesome. Loud but powerful. I just need a shower curtain to set under the bike.



I have a power reading. 39 watts!! - don't make fun of me.
I just wanted to show some folks that it works.



WKO+ software is now setup and able to download the Powertap computer data.

No comments: