Saturday, September 26, 2009

Brewery to Fairmont




(click images to enlarge)



Garmin Connect Ride Data Link

The Ride: I may be crazy, but I genuinely like cycling. Preferably not in the rain, but if others are willing I am as well. Our pace today was very pleasant as a group ride. There was not any pressure of impromptu racing and we stayed grouped together throughout the ride with exception to Rick and Tim turning off at a certain point. I was very happy with the ride and very happy with the training results as indicated from the power data. We did get wet and we did have to push our way through some head winds at times, but the group ride in my opinion was one of the most enjoyable that I have been on in a while. Probably because there was not the pressure of having to sprint to keep up as has been the case on some of the group rides lately.

Group: By Friday evening I was not sure if I or anyone else would be riding. I checked about every weather map I could and emails were sent out with a few saying they would be watching as well. Around 7 this morning I put out an email stating that I would give it a try and a few said they would meet me. We had 9 in our group this morning, which was a pleasant surprise considering the weather, but it really encourages me to be associated with a group of cycling friends that love cycling despite the weather (either that or they despise sitting on the trainer like me - just kidding). Our group consisted of Rick, Nancy, Diane, Don, Alan, Glenn, Tim, Rod and me.

Route Description: Fairly flat route with some short little climbs at times.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (2)24oz. bottles with Hammer Heed/10grams Glutamine and Amino Vital, (2)Cliff Bars, (1)Post Ride 30gram whey protein drink

Weather: Heavy clouds at the start with light sprinkles, rain started at mile 18 and 22, light rain between mile 38 and 42 and then light rain in the last mile. When it wasn't raining we either had head winds or cross winds.

Training Goal: With the weather being questionable today my hope was just to put in a little more time in the saddle that I would have done on the trainer, which would only been about an hour. We did 2 hours and 40 minutes of cycling on the road and I am very pleased even if it less than our usual Saturday longer endurance miles.

Bike and Gear Used: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap Power Meter.
It took me about an 30 minutes to clean the bike because of riding in the rain, but it was well worth it.

Power Data:
Entire workout (134 watts):
Duration: 2:43:30 (2:54:39)
Work: 1306 kJ
TSS: 155.2 (intensity factor 0.757)
Norm Power: 174
VI: 1.3
Distance: 47.8 mi
Min / Max / Avg
Power: 0 / 524 / 134 watts
Cadence: 23 / 244/ 81 rpm
Speed: 0 / 33.9 / 17.6 mph
Pace 1:46/ 0:00/ 3:24 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 / 370 / 57 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 / 1054 / 150 lb-in

No comments: