Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back to Taylorsville



(click on the images to enlarge)

Garmin Connect Ride Data

Group: This was a NARC club ride. I would guess about 20 in the group. The first half of the ride was a lot of sprinting the hills. It was chaotic at times and the group was stretched out at times. At the store stop I took a brief break and started on my own ahead of the group. My intentions were to stay at a steady pace if possible and not continue in the hammering sessions. I would like to think I would have done better than my May effort as noted in this blog entry, but I did about the same considering I did more solo effort today than in May. Still a really good ride even if my time in the group was only half of the ride. Riding solo was also pleasant.

Route Description: Big rollers with a few flat sections. This route is a tough route for me to finish with a high speed average and not dig too deep of a training hole.

Nutrition Intake During the Course: (1)Accelerade gel, (2)24oz. bottles with Hammer Heed/10grams Glutamine in each, (1)Cliff Bar, (1)Post Ride 30gram whey protein drink, 4 Endurolytes pre ride.

Weather: Foggy mild temperatures at the start and then sunny later into the 80's.

Training Goal: Not to get caught up in group antics as much and try to keep a steady pace. My hope was to be around 0.7 IF for an endurance ride and I ended with 0.73 IF.

Bike and Gear Used: LOOK 585, Garmin 705, Powertap Power Meter

Physical Condition: Both knees felt tender on the climbs and there were slight discomfort on the outer quadriceps of both legs, heart rate felt a little high in the first warm up miles, but then settled down later. A little tired from training all week, but generally I felt pretty good on this ride.

Power Data:
Entire workout (133 watts):
Duration: 3:28:46 (3:37:18)
Work: 1654 kJ
TSS: 186.7 (intensity factor 0.734)
Norm Power: 169
VI: 1.27
Distance: 56.93 miles
Min/ Max/ Avg
Power: 0/ 741/ 133 watts
Cadence: 30/ 236/ 77 rpm
Speed: 2.4/ 41.3/ 16.4 mph
Pace 1:27/ 25:25/ 3:39 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0/ 368/ 65 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0/ 909/ 154 lb-in

No comments: