Saturday, September 10, 2011

Brewery to Cagle Road

Garmin Connect Data
Ride With GPS Data
Summary
Moving Time: 4:03:21
Distance: 69.31 miles
Avg Moving Speed 17.1 mph
Elevation Gain: 2,329 ft

Solo:  
Goal: L3 +/- with long block of effort

The Ride: By a feeling of instinct sometimes a choice has to be made and my instinct this morning was to stick with my favorite route instead of joining my friends on their routes. But as I went along I really believe I made the best choice for me. I had some really good training this week and not only were my legs a little fatigued, but I kind of tweaked my right quadriceps while training Thursday evening. That made me a bit skittish for doing a hilly route so I went with my gut feeling to stay with my favorite flatter course. I experienced some considerable discomfort through my right hip and leg at random times throughout the ride, but nothing too great that it ruined the day. Plus I just felt too tired to try to hang with the group if the pace was brisk.

The starting temperature was at 51 degrees F and coming from two months of upper 90 degree days that felt a little chilly. I started with just short sleeves and shorts because I knew both me and the temperature would warm up quickly.

It is kind of neat to go out on a solo ride with no music and no one to keep you company and yet have a really enjoyable ride. Biggest thing for me since my brain does not like to keep quite is to stay focused on the task at hand which is keeping at a solid pace and/or keep my wattage up. This is something I am learning to do on these solo rides is stay focused for a greater amount of time. Once my minds starts drifting the speed and power start dropping. This is true also for my weekday indoor training.

This was also my first ride with the Garmin Edge 800. I received it yesterday afternoon so I still need to get accustomed to navigating around the different screens and I need to get those various screen displays set up how I would like to view them, but overall I do like it. The Garmin 705 sure has been a very solid device through all seasons and even hard down pours and it has helped me find my way home more than once. I can only hope this 800 will be just as solid over the years.


Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~40 oz. of water with Hammer Perpetuem, BCAA's, Gluatamine (2) Hammer gel (1) Cliff Bar (3) Endurolytes (1) small bottle of Powerade (1) 40 gram Whey protein post ride recovery drink .

The Weather: Sunny, Start @ 51 degrees, End @ 91 degrees, slight breeze on the return.

Bike: LOOK 585, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Power Data:
Entire workout (131 watts):
    Duration:      4:10:28 (4:28:21)
    Work:          1970 kJ
    TSS:           236.8 (intensity factor 0.755)
    Norm Power:    155
    VI:            1.18
    Distance:      69.291 mi
    Elevation Gain:        1709 ft
    Elevation Loss:       1732 ft
    Grade:         -0.0 %  (-18 ft)
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    537    131     watts
    Cadence:         8    225    76     rpm
    Speed:           0    31.1    16.7     mph
    Pace             1:56    0:00    3:35     min/mi
    Altitude:        668    935    768     ft
    Crank Torque:    0    1763    152     lb-in
    Temperature:     50    91.4    66.6     Fahrenheit

No comments: