Saturday, February 23, 2013

BBC+ Only The Lonely






Route:
Distance: 37 miles
Avg. Moving Speed:  17.5 mph
Moving Time: 2:06:52
Total Time:  2:08:26
Ride Total TSS: 137 (0.8 IF)
Group:
Solo
Goal:
Get out and ride despite the conditions to keep my fitness from declining
Ride Description:
With a big weather front moving through yesterday and continuing through the night it was no surprise that there would be few getting out today. I don't blame my cycling friends opting for riding tomorrow with the predicted sunny skies and 64 degree F temperatures. However, I wanted to train today and tomorrow and I was less excited about another day on the rollers than I was about the dark skies and very wet roads so I headed north to the brewery to see what I could get accomplished.

As I rolled out of an empty parking lot that is usually full of cyclist's cars I was starting to think I better stick to the 12 mile BBC loop option, but pushed for more. The skies just looked as if they were getting ready to break open again. All the road side ditches were running full of water and plenty of water flowing across the road in various places. Not much else to say about the riding today other than it was a very quiet place. Not really even many cars out. I suppose it was a good day for many to stay home, which I was glad. In just a couple of hours I did what I needed to do, which was to rack up some TSS and that it amounted more than what I would have done at home on the rollers.


 Mission was just get out and spin the cranks. Mission accomplished. 

I can imagine many will be out tomorrow with the nice weather predicted. To my friends riding tomorrow enjoy and be safe!
Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
10 oz from Bottle #1 water, Glutamine, BCAA
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink & Cliff Bar
Home | grilled chicken breast & veggies
Bike: 
LOOK 585, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+
Overall Powertap Data: 
Entire workout (155 watts):    
    Duration:      2:08:26
    Work:          1197 kJ
    TSS:           137.4 (intensity factor 0.803)
    Norm Power:    177
    VI:            1.14
    Pw:HR:          n/a
    Pa:HR:          n/a
    Distance:      37.036 mi
    Elevation Gain:        1268 ft
    Elevation Loss:       1268 ft
    Grade:         0.0 %  (3 ft)
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    512    155     watts
    Cadence:         7    198    77     rpm
    Speed:           0    33.7    17.3     mph
    Pace             1:47    0:00    3:28     min/mi
    Altitude:        720    967    842     ft
    Crank Torque:    0    1182    183     lb-in
    Temperature:     44.6    55.4    45.7     Fahrenheit

No comments: