Saturday, April 20, 2013

Brewery to Cagle - Cut Short

GARMIN RIDE DATA
STRAVA RIDE DATA

Route:
Distance:  59.8 miles
Avg. Moving Speed:  17,2
Moving Time: 3:24:21
Total Time:  3:42:00
Ride Total TSS: 182 (0.73 IF)
Group:
Solo
Goal:
Keep a steady pace and try to hit 75% FT
Ride Description:
Cool start for this time of the year with 39 degree (F) and lights winds coming from the north. I felt pretty good, but at about 18 miles things started to feel questionable. At first I just thought some crosswinds were pushing the Flo 60 wheels, but then the bike started to feel a bit slushy and the effort start to get intense just to hold speed. I stopped at the Sunoco and found out my front tire was going flat. A change of the tube and I was ready to keep heading north, but there was this pulsating feeling coming from the front wheel. I stopped roadside and looked but could not see anything (I dislike getting older and needing glasses). I hopped back on and continued to head north but it still seemed out of sorts. I decided with just one tube and air cartridge left not to risk going north to a more remote area so I turned and headed back. 

With this going on I guess I lost my focus on riding and had it more on the thought of the tire. Sure enough when I got home and with glasses I could see that the tire bead had popped out just a little. It is a wonder with that much air pressure it did not pop it completely off the rim and blow the tire. I am glad I did not keep pushing north and made it a shorter ride.

I can live with 60 miles today and maybe the weather will finally get warm and stay warm. I wore a summer kit with a long sleeve base layer, arm and leg warmers, short finger gloves with glove liners and a vest and did not get overheated or even cared to remove any layers.
Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, Glutamine, maltodextrin
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Post Ride | 25 gram protein drink
Home | roasted chicken sandwich
Bike: 
Felt B10, Garmin 800, Quarq Cinqo, Michelin Pro 4 tires, FLO 60 wheels
Overall Powertap Data: 
Entire workout (143 watts):
Duration: 3:29:10 (3:41:59)
Work: 1740 kJ
TSS: 181.6 (intensity factor 0.737)
Norm Power: 162
VI: 1.13
Distance: 59.832 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 582 143 watts
Cadence: 7 126 73 rpm
Speed: 0 36.8 17.0 mph
Pace 1:38 0:00 3:32 min/mi
Altitude: 648 954 764 ft
Crank Torque: 0 1452 167 lb-in



No comments: