Saturday, April 27, 2013

Comet - Rolling Along

GARMIN RIDE DATA
STRAVA RIDE DATA
Route:
Distance: 40 miles
Avg. Moving Speed: 17.5 
Moving Time: 2:15:27
Total Time:  2:19:10
Ride Total TSS: 123 ( 0.73 IF)
Group:
Solo
Goal:
Keep a steady pace at 80% FTP
Ride Description:
Going to the Comet was a very last second decision based on the weather forecast with high chance of rain to the north of us and at the brewery and a lower chance down south in Atlanta at the Comet. That being the case and thinking it was going to be another day on the rollers I scrambled to get my gear thrown in the bag, bottles loaded, rain bike prepped and hit the road hoping to squeeze in a 2 x 60 minute (40 mile) effort at the minimum.

The weather turned out to be a whole lot better than I expected and the sun even popped out from behind the clouds on a few occasions. The temperatures were also better and I was getting overheated in my summer kit with a long sleeve light base layer. Rolling out from the start I caught up with a group of guys all on tri bikes and was stuck behind them for a few miles and then finally found an opening to pass. They were going near my interval intensity so I hesitated to go around thinking they would pass me again. One of the guys caught up with me, but then dropped off because his group was way back.

From that point forward I am not sure exactly what happened. I felt like I was in this no man's land and not pushing as hard as I could, but for whatever reason I never really picked up the pace. I kept a steady pedal stroke just about the entire ride except for times of having to stop or maneuver around the slower folk. But to look back I simply don't remember why I wasn't pushing harder. Oh well at least I burned some calories and I got to ride outside when I thought for sure I was going to be stuck inside.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, Glutamine, BCAA, maltodextrin
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink, Powerbar gel chews (love these)
Home | homemade grilled chicken breast burrito
Bike: 
six13, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+, Michelin Pro 4's ~105 psi
Overall Powertap Data: 
I am not breaking this ride down into laps since it did not really amount to much for training

Entire workout (150 watts):
Duration: 2:18:10 (2:20:10)
Work: 1242 kJ
TSS: 124.3 (intensity factor 0.736)
Norm Power: 162
VI: 1.08
Distance: 40.017 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 470 150 watts
Cadence: 8 225 76 rpm
Speed: 0 23.9 17.5 mph
Pace 2:30 0:00 3:26 min/mi
Crank Torque: 0 1503 174 lb-in
Temperature: 60.8 71.6 63.7 Fahrenheit (windy, partly cloudy to cloudy)
 

No comments: