Saturday, May 18, 2013

BBC 48 - Too Pooped to Pedal

GARMIN RIDE DATA
STRAVA RIDE DATA

Route:
Distance: 48 miles
Avg. Moving Speed: 16.8 mph 
Moving Time: 2:51:36
Total Time:  2:53:24
Ride Total TSS: 146 ( 0.71 IF)
Group:
Solo
Goal:
Get out and spin a while
Ride Description:
The whole day just seemed as dark as the clouds today, but not really too bad if I step back and consider how much load I have put on my legs lately. I could tell the moment of the first pedal stroke that it was going to be a tough day and it was from start to finish.

But this was no surprise or disappointment either. I expected my legs to be fatigued and I expected to have a day like this. Despite this feeling today it was just another training day of placing just a little more load as I am trying to get my legs to accept a greater training volume. As I have told others this won't happen by sitting on the couch.

The entire ride was dry except for the sweat, but it sure looked as if the skies were going to open up. I saw a few other cyclists head out of the brewery, but other than them it was very quiet out on these roads. Well except for a car coming around a turn near the Sosebee Bike Park really fast and swinging over into my lane. Whoever, it was just about lost control as the car was about to go sideways and if it had I wouldn't be here writing at the moment or potentially ever again. Praise God for taking care of me.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink, Power gel bites
Home | turkey wrap
Bike: 
LOOK 585, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+
Overall Powertap Data: 
Entire workout (138 watts):
Duration: 2:53:24
Work: 1437 kJ
TSS: 145.9 (intensity factor 0.711)
Norm Power: 157
VI: 1.13
Distance: 48.411 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 502 138 watts
Cadence: 8 201 79 rpm
Speed: 0 33.5 16.7 mph
Pace 1:47 0:00 3:35 min/mi
Crank Torque: 0 1161 156 lb-in
Temperature: 64.4 69.8 66.8 Fahrenheit


No comments: