Saturday, May 11, 2013

Brewery to Cagle 80 - Joy Ride

 
GARMIN RIDE DATA
STRAVA RIDE DATA

Route:
Distance:  80 miles
Avg. Moving Speed: 16.8
Moving Time: 4:48
Total Time:  5:00
Ride Total TSS: 228 (0.67 IF)
Group:
Solo
Goal:
Keep the intensity down and enjoy the miles
Ride Description:
With the weather being so questionable it was hard to get any solid plans together. Early this morning I got a note from Peter that he was going to Up The Creek Without a Pedal and do the century. I also heard from Gary and Mike, but I was already on my way to the brewery hoping to see what I could squeeze in and my main hope was to get back to doing some miles.

My legs were already pretty fatigued feeling from this past week's training days so I suspected that I was not going to set any records and sure enough I was doing good just to put in the miles. I could really feel it in my legs and hips each time I approached or went over my functional threshold so I just backed it down a little and kept on rolling.

Right at the one hour mark it started raining on me with a light spring shower type of rain. I pulled over and put on a cycling cap under the helmet and opted to get wet rather than throw on the jacket. Kind of refreshing actually. The air was calm as well.

I can tell I lost some fitness from not being out on these longer Saturday rides due to bad weather or other things interfering. Oh well it was a really nice day to be out on the bike and I am quite content even if I was a little slower and less intense today.

On a product note: I sure am happy with this USB rechargeable tail light, Hotshot from Cygolite.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin
24 oz from Bottle #2 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Cliff Bar @ mile 30
Hammer gel @ mile 54
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink
Home | 2 grilled chicken breast burritos
Bike: 
LOOK 585, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+
Overall Powertap Data: 
Entire workout (125 watts):
Duration: 5:02:28
Work: 2275 kJ
TSS: 228.4 (intensity factor 0.674)
Norm Power: 148
VI: 1.18
Distance: 80.703 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 551 125 watts
Cadence: 7 246 79 rpm
Speed: 0 34.2 16.0 mph
Pace 1:45 0:00 3:45 min/mi
Altitude: 663 937 769 ft
Crank Torque: 0 1544 145 lb-in
Temperature: 57.2 71.6 62.9 Fahrenheit
 

 

No comments: