Saturday, June 1, 2013

Brewery to Cagle - Tweaked

GARMIN RIDE DATA
STRAVA RIDE DATA
Route:
Distance: 80 miles
Avg. Moving Speed:  17 mph
Moving Time: 4:41:27
Total Time: 4:52:20 
Ride Total TSS: 193 (0.64 IF)
Group:
Solo
Goal:
Keep a steady pace and work on endurance
Ride Description:
It started fairly good, but close to mile 20 rolling to a stop at an intersection and then standing to cross I stepped down on the right pedal and my torso twisted oddly. Immediately it felt like I had strained (tweaked) a muscle in my right hip and lower back area. It was fairly uncomfortable but I wanted to keep going. The discomfort was not as bad in the full aero tuck, but as soon as I sat up, stood up to climb a roller or even climbing a roller while sitting the discomfort was really magnified. It wasn't until mile 40 and the turning point did I find out how bad it really was. I could barely get off my bike and I certainly could not stand up straight. No breaking any personal records today that is for sure. I was just happy to spin the cranks.

No Problem!!! Aero position works fine and I am on my sweetness - Felt B10 with the Cee Gee Cushy pads on the aero bars that are like little sofas for the forearms.

It was great to see Edgar at the end of the ride. Between seeing him easing back into the cycling groove (Edgar is the one who introduced me to cycling and this addiction I have is due to him) and then followed up with a post meal at Wes Man's. Sitting here a bit uncomfortable I can still say, "what a great day to be out on the bike!"

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin
24 oz from Bottle #2 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Cliff Bar @ mile 30
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink
Wes Man's Grill | Cheeseburger and fries (the all American fat diet and it was tasting great!!)
Bike: 
Felt B10, Garmin 800, Quarq
Overall Powertap Data: 
Entire workout (123 watts):
Duration: 4:46:54 (4:52:21)
Work: 2064 kJ
TSS: 192.7 (intensity factor 0.644)
Norm Power: 142
VI: 1.16
Distance: 80.333 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 476 123 watts
Cadence: 10 116 75 rpm
Speed: 0 34.9 16.5 mph
Pace 1:43 0:00 3:38 min/mi
Crank Torque: 0 887 140 lb-in
Temperature: 68 91.4 75.5 Fahrenheit


No comments: