Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Orange Beach and Gulf Shores Alabama - Coastal Cycling



Rather than post my ride data I thought I would share a few photos along Perdido Beach Blvd. (Hwy 182). The bike lane on the Alabama side is nice with a buffer between traffic with up to 6 feet of clearance to motorized vehicles. The dedicated bike lane is pretty clean with occasional spots broken glass during my visit, but I had no problems navigating around and at this point have not flatted. Our time of visit is during offseason so traffic is much lower.

Once you cross the bridge going toward the Florida state line there is just another mile or so for the dedicated bike lane and then it reduces down to a wide shoulder. In the stretch of road that I used I was able to get in my two hour efforts, which for me being on vacation was good enough.










 
 
 
 
Scenes at the Beach
 

 
 

No comments: