Saturday, September 7, 2013

Brewery-Salacoa Group Ride

Nine of us Rolling out early at the Cartersville Brewery
See More Photos At The Bottom
 
Route and Ride Data Links:                                           
Garmin - Ride Data
Stava    - Ride Data
Overall Ride Metrics:                                                       
Distance:  65.5 miles
Avg. Moving Speed: 15.5 mph
Moving Time: 3:49:44
Total Time: 4:13:02 
Ride Total TSS: 241.8 (0.77 IF)
Group or Solo:                                                                  
With: Kit, Gary, Neal, Mike Q., Craig, Keith, Glenn, Mike and me
Goal:                                                                                 
Survive
Ride Description:                                                            
I'm almost too worn out to write it down....whew!!

I thought when I showed up at the brewery this morning I would be joining three of my cycling friends and instead it turned out to be eight of my cycling friends and where there is more the pace may get a bit frisky at some point. And it did at times.

We had a bit of everything is this ride from easy pacing and chatting to some intense efforts and at points I felt like it was all I could do to hang on. The group split apart at Addington Road with five of us going a different direction, but we all met up again at the store stop. From there we hit a few more short climbs on some rough roads and then turned our general direction back toward the brewery. That is when the pace picked up even more and there was a bit of a split with Craig and Glenn pushing the pace up front. I ended finishing in the group with Kit, Mike, Glenn and Craig, but there were some moments where Mike and me were gapped and only reconnected when the others stopped at a stop sign. I guess they had some mercy on us, but from that point I finally did a couple of turns on the front in the last miles and then was dropped again approaching Grogan. I felt my right quadriceps twitch a couple of times like it wanted to fire off a cramp so I backed off just a little and lost the front three.

Training wise I am not sure about these type of rides when I look at the data. It shows a lot of time in L1 and yes there was a lot of coasting and easy pedaling, but sitting here right now I feel like I just did an aggressive paced century. I am pooped and my legs are cooked. Tomorrow those 2x60 intervals might end up being an easy paced recovery ride.

Great riding with the guys today!! Always fun with this gang.
Weather:                                                                          
 Great weather, partly cloudy with a breeze and headwind at times, From 66 (F) to 88 (F)
Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:             
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin, Beta-alanine
24 oz from Bottle #2 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin, Beta-alanine
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Cliff Bar @ mile 30
Hammer gel @ mile 50
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink
Home | grilled chicken breast wrap
Bike:                                                                                  
LOOK 585,  Garmin 800, PowerTap G3, HED Belgium, Conti GP4000s @ 95 psi 
Overall Power Data:                                                        
Entire workout (123 watts):
Duration: 3:59:13 (4:13:03)
Work: 1761 kJ
TSS: 238.7 (intensity factor 0.775)
Norm Power: 171
VI: 1.39
Distance: 65.424 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 644 123 watts
Cadence: 1 254 69 rpm
Speed: 0 40.6 16.4 mph
Pace 1:29 0:00 3:39 min/mi
Crank Torque: 0 1720 150 lb-in
Temperature: 60.8 86 71.0 Fahrenheit

_____________________________________________
 
 
Stopping - We Abide in traffic laws


Keith and Mike Q.

Single file pace line on a busy road

Neal always sporting good fitness

Country Roads

Gary in action

Gary appears ready to bump up the action on this hill

No comments: