Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday Cruise

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Distance (mile): 21.8
Speed (mph): 16.9
Cadence (rpm): 71
Time Moving: 1:15:51
Time Total: 1:17:07
Work (kj): 625
Normal Power: 147
Average Power: 135
Max Power: 526
VI: 1.09
TSS: 79
IF: 
0.78

Goal:

Build Endurance and get outside on the bike for the first time in 2018

Ride Description:

Out and Back Spin. Cool and not many out today. Just a few joggers, walkers and handful of people on mountain bikes. I would say this past week was my kickoff to decent training and I eased into the week with good ole 2X20 minute efforts at sweet spot. This coming week I will do the same thing because last week was sort of a struggle. I made it through each session, but I certainly could tell my fitness is low. Today was the first time out on the bike on pavement and the difference between that and a trainer effort showed up with my hamstrings knotting up the first five miles. After that things begin to feel a little better and maybe I should have extended the miles. I was content to end it short and know that Monday I get into my second week of official training. Am I training for anything? Nothing official other than I just want to improve my solo time on the 100 mile course. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 36
Temperature Finish (F): 36
Wind: Calm
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Aminos , Maltodextrin
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 

No comments: