Saturday, October 13, 2018

Saturday Group Ride



Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 3:29:36
Time Moving: 3:24:27
Distance (mile): 60
VI: 1.32

IF: 0.86
TSS: 262
Work (kj): 1,518
Average Power: 121
Max Power: 586

Normal Power: 159
Cadence (rpm): 66
Speed Avg (mph): 17.6

Goal:

Casual group ride with Gary, Kit, Mike and Glenn

Ride Description:

Going my way? 
I was planning my usual when I received an email from Mike saying they were going to do a portion of my usual route so I jumped on the opportunity to ride with the guys. 

We rolled out with a bit of a fall temperature and kind of a drastic change in the last couple days as it has been remaining in the low to mid 90's (F). I was content in a summer kit with a sleeveless base layer, summer gloves and arm coolers and it wasn't long before it actually felt good. The wind was coming down from the north so it was a direct headwind on the way up and the few turns I had on the front were challenging. I am sure it was the case for the other guys even though they made it look easy. I believe I used up more of my reserves pushing against the wind and I was feeling the fatigue set in on the way back even with the draft in the pace line and with the tailwind. 

Nice riding with the guys.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 50
Temperature Finish (F): 65
Wind: 6 mph NNW
Sky: Mostly clear and sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, BSN Amino X, Maltodextrin, Trace Mineral Drops
GU gel at mile 25
Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 LOOK  585 

No comments: