Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sunday Solo Cruise

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 2:17:12
Time Moving: 2:15:54
Distance (mile): 40.8
VI: 
1.08
IF: 0.78
TSS: 138
Work (kj): 1,073
Average Power: 130
Max Power: 
506
Normal Power: 141
Cadence (rpm): 68
Speed Avg (mph): 18

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

Casual out and back spin on what felt like a chilly day. The reason I say that is just a couple weeks ago we were in the 90 degree plus range for several months and then a sudden change in temperature right after remnants of hurricane Michael passed over. I need a little more time to get used to this drop in temperature. 

On the way back a very fit cyclist was coming up on me and then went around. I caught up to him and I wasn't really sure what he was saying. He said he was too light for the speed on the flat and I jokingly said I was too heavy. He said you need to pull more and that will lean you up. Or at least I thought that is what he said. After the traffic crossing I jumped on a higher speed as I thought he wanted me to pull. I did not look back and just kept on the gas until near the end. I did not see him again until after I was finished and coming out of the bathroom I saw him go by. I guess I misunderstood what he said. He sure looked like he was fit enough to keep up with me. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 55
Temperature Finish (F): 64
Wind: Breezy
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Amino mix, Maltodextrin
GU gel at mile 20

Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 

Summer kit, long sleeve light base layer, Pearl Izumi leg warmers, Halo skull cap, Kask helmet, Giro shoes, Dual Wear rimless sunglasses, Oregon Research sun half-finger gloves 

No comments: