Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday Partly Spirited

Super Strong Ellen - Hard to hold her wheel
Not sure who she is but she had plenty of fitness. Notice the flat pedals, sneakers and hoodie. 25+mph sustained as if it was nothing. 


Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Time Total: 2:14:57
Time Moving: 2:13:58
Distance (mile): 40.3
VI: 
1.13
IF: 0.86
TSS: 168
Work (kj): 954
Average Power: 118
Max Power: 
494
Normal Power: 133
Cadence (rpm): 71
Speed Avg (mph): 18

Goal:

Just ride

Ride Description:

You never know how things will turn out on the Comet and today was one of those days. But it was also a great day in weather and meeting new friendly cyclists. I was solo riding out to the 20 mile marker and my turn point when I saw a large group and lot of women with the distinctly orange kits of female Sorella Cycling Club. 

Rolling past the group early into the return I did not think much about it and just went to a sustainable and somewhat comfortable pace. Not too long after a couple of cyclists from that group rolled by me at a brisk pace so I got on the back and tried to hold on. A few minutes later another woman wearing a hoodie, sneakers and flat pedals on her older Bianchi road bike was with us. By this point I was considering giving up and go back to my easier pace, but I felt compelled to see if I could hold on. This pace sometimes sustained for longer distances in the mid 20's. I was off the back a few times and once far enough back I was sure they were gone, but caught them stopped at a light. 

At the 4 mile marker is when I got to talk to Ellen. My impression about her cycling fitness was already at its peak trying to keep up with her and the guy leading the pace. Chatting with Ellen I thought, "Super Sweet, Super Strong Ellen." She has a very good personality to go with all that cycling power. I did not get to talk with the guy or the woman in the red hoodie, but was glad to meet an exceptional cyclist in Ellen. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 61
Temperature Finish (F): 67
Wind: Breezy
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Bottle #1 24oz. Water, Aminos, Maltodextrin
GU gel at mile 20

Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: