Saturday, July 9, 2022

Rainy Saturday Ride

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Today's Route

Ride Metrics:

Not worth mentioning. It was basically 22 miles of easy riding on very wet roads and rain. Sometimes the rain was hard enough to make it hard to see. 

Goal:

Build Endurance

Ride Description:

I knew this ride would be at risk of storms, but I tried anyway. About mile 12 it started raining on me and the sky was getting darker. I stopped at the church and saw Ron putting away his table and he told me a storm was headed our way. Based on the radar it looked like I would have just enough time to get back before it hit. When I got back the sun was out, but the storm was still shown on the radar as coming. 

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 74
Temperature Finish (F): 74 with 94% humidity
Wind: Breezy
Sky: Heavy clouds with rain at times

Nutrition Intake During and Immediately After:

Post Ride: 30 gram protein drink

Gear:

 Felt  IA16 


No comments: