Monday, December 8, 2008

Hope and Faith

This is a time when many will be tested in their hope and their faith. For me I was very fortunate that in 1996 my focus of hope and faith was changed for ever. At the age of 32 the Lord Jesus Christ showed me who He is and from that time until present my perspectives have changed. Now I see many around me wonder not only about a few weeks from now, but they wonder about the day to come. Many around me are losing their jobs and the stress of how to provide for their families is their main concern when only a few years ago many seemed to only have the stress of which brand of large screen TV to get. Many of us have enjoyed great times of prosperity, but in that prosperity we all too often get caught up in self absorption and materialism. Now the focus has changed and many do not know where to turn.

There is a place to turn and it my solid faith and belief that Jesus Christ is the place to turn. The opportunity to turn to the One that can help in a time where we need hope for tomorrow. Perhaps those who read this may not believe, but the change of heart that I had in 1996 from a very hopeless time of my life gave me a new hope in tough times like now. I am not sure about my job, but I do not rest in that. I will rest in Him who has provided for me for the past 12 years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jess, I am thankful you are bold in your faith! May God bless you with many great cycle rides in 2009 and lots of opportunities to share your
walk with Jesus!