Saturday, December 13, 2008

Winter Ride With The Brew Crew


Me & Diane before the chilly start









MotionBased Ride Data


Diane was back on the bike to lead the Brew Crew out for a nice winter ride. It has been a number of weeks since I have been able to ride with the crew and today I would guess close to 20 riders and most of Team B mixing in. It was good to see some of the friendly faces that I have not seen in weeks and especially good to ride with them again. I believe the starting temperature was close to 28 degrees Fahrenheit and it must have been in the 40's and very pleasant toward the end. Good thing because I forgot my winter cycling jacket and had to wear a thin wind shell.

The ride was mostly flat with one pretty good climb at the 30 mile mark. I didn't fair too well on the climb nor the last miles going in, but I was expecting to fall off. My legs were tight all week with using the cycling trainer through the week and with training my legs with weights on Monday. Cramps on the last 10 miles of the ride were a good indication as well of the fatigue. Earlier the group had split with a number going back to ride with Bill. I was in the front so I didn't realize the group had split and those that came up to the front were starting to put on a good pace. I held on the best I could until the cramps started. At that point I dropped off and finished the remaining miles alone at a milder pace.

No matter how it ended for me the ride was still great and it was a good day out with the crew. The sun was out and the weather pretty pleasant for this time of the year. A pretty good way to finish out the year with the crew and maybe I will get to squeeze in one more ride with the Brew Crew for 2008.

Except for Jamie, she is a slacker wasting away on some tropical beach. Yeah like that is more fun than riding with the Brew Crew. Just kidding Jamie!! We hope you're having fun.

No comments: