Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Good Day On The Road






MotionBased Ride Data

The results posted above may not reflect the numbers of a summer ride while in peak condition, but the last several weeks I felt like I was lagging behind, which was right in line with my Performance Manager in WKO+ as I track my training data. Last week I began ramping up the training again hoping to start building back CTL. Yesterday was a surprise to me when I fully expected to struggle on the club ride because my legs were so sore, but instead my performance was up a little from the increased training time in just one short week. Not a big jump, but enough of a jump to spring board more motivation.

Performance Manager


From now until May my focus will be to change my body composition (lean out) by hopefully 10 pounds and continue to ramp up my training to the 3 State 3 Mountain Challenge.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Alot of gadgetry but looks very cool. I'm just beginning my love of the gadgetry, I have to take baby steps.

:)

Unknown said...

Hi, all seems quiet over there, you still training hard ?

The Cycling Addiction said...

Thanks Quentin for checking in on me. :-)

I am fully absorbed in training. This morning I am trying to rally my group to do a 60 mile ride, but it is raining so I am having a little trouble getting some of them motivated.

During the week I am using a spin bike in the morning because I like it standing/seated intervals and in the evening I am doing intervals on the trainer. Though my numbers in WKO+ do not look impressive at the moment, my CTL is slowly climbing and I am real happy with my last ride on the road.

A guy that occasionally joins our group broke away and I caught him and stayed with him for a long period. I even pulled him for a while:) Last year in peak condition I could not have done that.

The Cycling Addiction said...

Quentin, I follow your training as I see it posted on the forum and have watched some of your videos. You are definitely at a serious level of performance and training in my view.

Your effort is inspiring.

Unknown said...

Hi

That's very kind of you! I tend to cycle with folk younger than me and hard graft is the only way I can keep up, it's certainly not down to talent and sometimes I can't keep up anyway but I try!

Keep your eye on my blog and if I can help in any way let me know, in the end though it's down to grinding hard, consistent training.

Hope you got the guys out and if you didn't I hope you went out yourself :-)

Q