Monday, January 5, 2009

It All Begins Again

The holiday festivities are over and I had a great time with my in-laws and traveling up to Kentucky to spend time with my family. I was also coaxed into a house project that Cindi wanted me to do as her request as a Christmas present during my time off. I figured it was a good time to go ahead and finish the project while I had some time off of work and be done with my home projects for 2009. The project was redoing the basement and the biggest part of the project was ripping up some old industrial carpet and putting down a laminate. We also added some electronic equipment to make our time while training a bit more tolerable as seen in the pictures below. At the time I started the project I wasn't too happy because I wanted to go ahead and start training again, but once I finished I was pretty happy with the results, happy that I have finished one of my wife's house projects and now I am clear to focus on training.



I spent 60 minutes on the trainer yesterday and 100 watts felt more like 200 watts so I know it is going to be like starting all over again. This morning I did 15 minutes of seated and standing intervals at a low intensity to get my legs warmed up for a few sets of leg press, leg curls and about 15 minutes of stretching. I plan on 60 minutes of time on the trainer this evening as I begin to work on ramping up CTL and watts/kg (a.k.a. - losing weight via a reduction of calories and an increase in training time). I will check with Alan Ezzel and see when he plans on increasing his training intensity for the season. I know my first goal be close to the first week of May for the 3 State 3 Mountain Century and like last year that really is my main focus for 2009. All other events will be just for fun, but I hope to be better in every event for 2009. It all starts now as I slowly start ramping up.



Let's Get it Started!!

No comments: