Saturday, February 28, 2009

Indoor Efforts

3/1/2009 Indoor Training Effort

(click image to enlarge)

Since it is raining and snowing in Atlanta today I thought it best that maybe I try another round on the trainer. I am still not sure if my body is fighting off an illness (swollen gland beneath the one armpit and a slight tendency to cough) so with better discretion I limited my time on the trainer to a 40 minute effort. I am finding that I am starting to adapt to the feel of the Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer a bit more each week as it is becoming easier to sustain higher wattage. I am still below what I could sustain out on the road, but it is a great feeling that not only can I perceive a change, but the numbers on the power output also reflect a positive change.

On all of the charts I set my FT line (yellow dashed line) at a "swag" of 190 watts. This is a guess, but since I cannot mimic my outdoor effort I wanted to keep my effort at more within the L3 Tempo zone. I am hovering just below that set line right where I wanted to be for the majority of the training interval. Same for the efforts below.

2/28/2009 Indoor Training Effort

(click image to enlarge)

The image above is reflective my indoor effort on February 28th. Today rain moved into the Atlanta area and I had to cancel our group ride, which would have been a 54 mile ride and a 2 mile climb at the 30 mile marker. It may have been a blessing that I could not do the group ride because I feel a bit worn down today and one of my glands under my left arm is tender, which usually indicates that my body is trying to fight an illness. I just did two twenty minute efforts near the sweet spot as best I could, but the chart shows a tapering toward the end.


2/25/2009 Indoor Training Effort

(click image to enlarge)

No comments: