Saturday, February 14, 2009

Soggy Bottom Boys


When writing a blog the hardest thing for me to do is come up with an interesting title, but starting today in a slight misty rain and a few hours of spray coming off the tires the back side can get kind of soggy and so can everything else.

Somewhere in the world someone shares the same interest in the same way. I feel blessed because today we had 6 guys get out for a 52 mile ride despite the weather. Gary Quellet (Quellet Cycling), Neal Bowers, Glenn Hittel, Peter Leafman, Keith Kudlac and me. I love it that they are just as dedicated or maybe they are like me and hate sitting on the dreaded trainer for an hour or more.

At least we did it and the end result was a pretty good ride even as wet as it was. I ended with an average speed of 17.8 and a normal power of 184 watts over the almost 3 hour ride. There was a couple of times that I had a wake up moment coming down some "S" curves. On one my bike slid sideways several inches at a high speed and I had some trouble in another one at a high speed, but we all held together pretty good. For the second week in a row my legs felt pretty good throughout the ride and I felt like I had a lot more engine, but kept it a little restrained.

To my 5 riding friends........Great ride guys!!!!
I know Mike Quick and Edgar Lebron would have joined us if they were able.

Happy Birthday Edgar!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like fun, I wish I could join the soggy-bottom boys one day.

Ya'll would drop me like a hot potato. ;)

The Cycling Addiction said...

Shannon, I've seen your work on your blog with running and spinning. I don't think you would have any problem staying with us. We may be the ones struggling to stay with you.

If that happens you will have to change your blog name to "View from the front."