Saturday, March 14, 2009

1 Hour And Then 2

Looking at the forecast of 100% chance of rain and wind early this morning and chatting with some of the guys it was time to make the call and cancel the hope of meeting at the brewery for a ride. I sure hated not being able to ride with the gang today, but it was time to get it started and give it go.

My plan was to get in at least a solid hour on the trainer, which is barely tolerable to most and to me, but then as I think about 3 State 3 Mountain coming up in 7 weeks and only 6 weeks left to train I was a bit more motivated to put in the second hour. It was just me, the bike trainer, a stupid movie playing on TV and my trusty ipod shuffle with my training play list lined up. Oh and most important a high speed fan to help keep me from overheating.

This image reflects Interval 1 effort


After warming up my focus and effort was pretty good and my goal was to stay close to training in the sweet spot. Despite the fan there was a nice pool building below on the rubber mat, my breathing was labored, but my legs felt pretty good.

This image reflect Interval 2 effort


After a 5 minute rest the second interval was a bit more tough to keep a mental focus and the physical effort began to taper. Since I was not using a carbohydrate replacement while training my tank was about empty toward the end, but it was the mental focus that was the biggest struggle.

The next images reflect the overall training event with part of the play list.


(click images to enlarge)



I would have rather been out on the road with my friends today.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Awesome playlist! That ride on a trainer is tough and YOU did it. You rock bro.