Saturday, June 19, 2010

Brewery BBC 67

Garmin Connect Ride Data
Ride Summary:
Distance: 67.13 mi
Elevation Gain: 2,925 ft
Time: 04:03:38
Avg Speed: 16.5 mph
Max Speed: 35.1 mph

The Group: Claire, Edgar, Doug and me

The Ride: Just the four of us headed out on the much used BBC Metric ~67 mile route. My personal goal was to just keep my pace somewhat calm today in preparation for the Functional Threshold test coming up next week. We did stay together until about mile 40 something and I urged the three of them to go ahead because I was going to drop my level down a notch or two. Within a few seconds they were out of sight and I finished the remaining miles at a much calmer pace, but with the heat today I still began to struggle. About mile 55 one of my legs wanted to cramp so I pulled off, took some Endurolytes, water and rested a minute.

Rolling into the parking, Claire, Edgar and Doug were hanging out under a shade tree so I pulled over to chat for a few minutes and cool off. During the ride Claire asked about my goal for the day and I mentioned that I would like to end with about a 0.65 IF and I hit that dead on. I am just a little tired and exhausted from the heat as I guess many of the local cyclist are today, but as far as I know everyone finished just fine.

We saw Alan, Neal, Nancy, Jamie, Kit, Keith and Rod roll in from their 80 mile route from the brewery out to Horn Mountain and all of them look okay as well. Based on how I felt for the 67 I am glad I did not go on that ride. Those extra few miles in this heat would feel like double the miles. Plus they finished with a pretty good average speed so they were pushing pretty good.

My week summary for training was pretty good. I did short duration intervals most of the week and twice a day. My summary for this week is  8 hours and 387 TSS (based on outdated swag FT numbers), but the FT test next week will hopefully help dial all of this in and get my data just that much more accurate. On reflection I am pretty happy how it all played out as a week training summary.

The Weather: Sunny and hot 89 (feels like 95 according the Weather Channel), calm air.


Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (2) 24 oz. bottle of water with glutamine, BCAA's, and Hammer Heed, (1) Cliff bar, (2) Hammer gel, 12 oz. water refill

 Power Data:
 Entire workout (113 watts):
    Duration:      4:06:32 (4:29:56)
    Work:          1614 kJ
    TSS:           167.8 (intensity factor 0.65)
    Norm Power:    149
    VI:            1.33
    Distance:      65.775 mi
        Min  /  Max   / Avg
    Power:           0   / 557 /   113     watts
    Cadence:         29 /   209  /  79     rpm
    Speed:           0  /  34.2   / 16.1     mph
    Pace             1:45  /  0:00 /   3:44     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0  /  349  /  52     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0  /  570  /  125     lb-in

No comments: