Saturday, June 26, 2010

Brewery to Crane Eater Road

(me, Jamie, Diane and Dan)
Garmin Connect Ride Data
Ride Summary:
Distance: 60.59 mi
Elevation Gain: 2,656 ft
Moving Time: 03:20:24
Avg Speed: 17.2 mph
Max Speed: 35.9 mph

The Group: Jamie, Diane, Dan and me

The Ride: It feels like months since I have been able to ride with my buddies, Jamie and Diane. They also invited Dan Thorton (owner of FreeFlite) to ride with us today. The three of them were very gracious to ride at a calmer pace for me because they have the ability to open up the turbos if they want, but today they took it easy on me for the most part. We still had some spirited sections and why not on flat rural roads? The roads we were on today just make you want to go fast. Unfortunately I had to take it easy because the test (*see note below) this past Wednesday took a good bit out of me and I still had not recovered enough.

We followed the route preloaded in my Garmin 705 until the store stop, but after that Diane and Jamie took us on a different route back and it was a pleasant change. At mile 53 I split from the three and took the marked route back and they went for a few more miles.

Good amount of miles, good pace, great weather for June, great rural roads.
And the best of all another very pleasant day riding with my cycling buddies.

*My right upper inner quadriceps felt as if it was slightly strained in the FT test the other day. I felt a small twinge in the leg when I did one of the sprint warm ups from a track stand position. Today I felt it as I went over 300 watts on some of the climbs, but did not feel it on the flats, downhills or when the watts were in the low 200 or below. From about mile 40 to the end I tried not to stand and exert too much on some of the small hills and instead stay seated and spin lighter. This put me behind the group a little bit on each hill, but they were gracious to slow down and let me catch up.

The Weather: Cloudy, 86 (feels like 92 according the Weather Channel), 4 mph winds from the NW.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: (1) 24 oz. bottle of water with glutamine, BCAA's, and Hammer Heed, (1) 24 oz. bottle of water with Hammer Perpetuem (1) Cliff bar, (1) Hammer gel

 Power Data: (Had a lot of data drops again today)

 Entire workout (126 watts):
    Duration:      3:30:06 (3:45:38)
    Work:          1556 kJ
    TSS:           223.5 (intensity factor 0.809)
    Norm Power:    162
    VI:            1.28
    Distance:      59.478 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    570    126     watts
    Cadence:         29    183    80     rpm
    Speed:           0    35.9    16.9     mph
    Pace             1:40    0:00    3:33     min/mi
    Hub Torque:      0    364    55     lb-in
    Crank Torque:    0    668    138     lb-in

No comments: