Saturday, February 18, 2012

Brewery to Cagle Road - Tempo Mix

Garmin Connect Data
Ride With GPS Data
Training Peaks Data
Garmin Summary
Moving Time: 4:15:41 (4:36:32 total)
Distance: 70.6 miles
Avg Moving Speed 16.6 mph

Group: Craig and me

Goal: Get between 250 to 300 TSS with big blocks of L3 and a steady pace.

The Ride: I was planning a solo ride with the goals listed above, but received word that Craig was looking for someone to ride with so he joined me today. We kept a good pace going north and just a little past Red Bud we saw some of the Tundra Time Trial and contestants heading in the opposite direction.

With a quick stop and a bite to eat on Cagle Road we were set for the return. It felt to me that we had to push a little harder on the return because of little bit of headwind. I could see various flags along the side of the road being blown toward our direction so I knew it was true. From the start of the ride and even before the start I knew I was going to struggle with today's effort.  I felt a good bit of residual fatigue from some really good training days this week and throughout the ride I was having trouble keeping up with Craig and he is a stronger rider than me anyway. It wasn't an elegant ride for me today, but I am very happy to push and finish meeting my goals.
 
 I knew on Thursday that Saturday's ride was going to be tough for me because on Thursday I trained on the rollers and held my threshold number for 30 minutes and then did another 30 minutes at 90% of FT. My legs and hips were still sore from that effort and by the time we hit some hills near the 60 mile mark they felt like noodles.I also had intervals for several consecutive days leading up to Thursday. I guess that is part of training is that one stays in a somewhat fatigued state. I look at how those who train and race and how they rack up a lot more time and intensity than me. I guess this is all part of the train more so you can train more evolution / adaptation.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~30 oz. of water with Hammer Perpetuem, BCAA's, Gluatamine (2) Hammer Gels (1) Cliff Bar (1) 20 gram whey protein post ride recovery drink (1) chicken salad sandwich on whole grain toast, 8 oz skim milk.

The Weather: Partly cloudy skies at the start @ 40 degrees, End sunny skies @ 60 degrees, breezy

Bike: LOOK 585 , Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Power Data:
Entire workout (137 watts):
    Duration:      4:27:25 (4:36:37)
    Work:          2206 kJ
    TSS:           279 (intensity factor 0.792)
    Norm Power:    162
    VI:            1.18
    Distance:      70.671 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    634    137     watts
    Cadence:         7    212    77     rpm
    Speed:           0    34.4    15.9     mph
    Pace             1:45    0:00    3:47     min/mi
    Crank Torque:    0    1786    156     lb-in
    Temperature:     32    60.8    49.3     Fahrenheit

No comments: