Saturday, February 4, 2012

Brewery to Red Bud

Garmin Connect Data
Ride with GPS Data
TrainingPeaks Data
Garmin Summary
Moving Time: 3:38:59 (3:45:17 total)
Distance: 61.3 miles
Avg Moving Speed 16.8 mph

Group: me

Goal: Get in a ride between rain storms

The Ride: Up until 8 a.m. this morning I was expecting to be training inside based on the weather forecast. Late last night the Weather Channel had the morning hours with 60% chance of rain. I saw no emails of people expecting to ride and it was a last second decision of grabbing my gear together and driving up to the brewery. There were only a handful of cyclists in a normally packed brewery parking lot, but I suppose the weather forecast pretty much scared everyone.

I rolled out about 9:19 from the parking lot heading out the BBC 48 and decided I would slip in a few more miles by heading due north to Red Bud. As I rolled along the weather actually started looking better and the sun was starting to peek out between clouds, but with that breeze was starting to pick up as well.

As far as training goes my hips and hamstrings were feeling tight and fatigued from training this week. I kept a fair effort for the first couple of hours, but on the way back I was just too pooped to keep pushing against the wind and was tapering off the effort. By the time I arrived in the parking lot the sun was out and the temperature was feeling great. The quality of training wasn't as good as I might have done indoors, but I am glad that I was able to get out and put some miles on these legs.

Keep pushing toward the goal....


Nutrition Intake During and after the Course: ~30 oz. of water with Hammer Perpetuem, BCAA's, Gluatamine (1) Powerbar Gels (1) 20 gram whey protein post ride recovery drink (1) chicken salad sandwich on whole grain toast, 10 oz skim milk.

The Weather: Dark cloudy skies at the start @ 50 degrees, End sunny skies @ 66 degrees, breezy

Bike: Cannondale six13, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Power Data:
Entire workout (137 watts):
    Duration:      3:41:49 (3:45:21)
    Work:          1827 kJ
    TSS:           219.5 (intensity factor 0.771)
    Norm Power:    158
    VI:            1.15
    Distance:      61.279 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    504    137     watts
    Cadence:         9    -    81     rpm
    Speed:           0    33.8    16.6     mph
    Pace             1:47    0:00    3:37     min/mi
    Crank Torque:    0    1083    151     lb-in
    Temperature:     50    66.2    55.9     Fahrenheit

No comments: