Saturday, April 21, 2012

Creekview - 61

Garmin Connect Data & Map
Ride with GPS Data & Map
Ride Summary
Moving Time: 3:54:47 (4:14:46 total)
Distance: 61 miles
Avg Moving Speed 14.5 mph
Elev. Gain: 4,707 ft

Group: Diane, Elizabeth, Joe and me
Goal: Recreational

The Ride: It was really enjoyable to break away from my regular training routine and ride with Diane, Elizabeth and Joe this morning. We started from the Creekview High School on a route formulated by Joe and when I saw it as I uploaded to the Edge 800 the elevation profile looked pretty tough. However, there were a lot of new roads on this route that I had not tried and I was glad to join in for the climbing fun. There were not any long sustained climbs, but what a friend calls a very lumpy route.

At the start the skies were dark and the roads damp in places. Bad time to find out my front brake cable was sticking because I was trying not to use it. I had to descend a lot of those big rollers very carefully and at the times I did apply the front brake I would have to reach down while in motion and pull the caliper off the rim.

Around mile 10 we were in a light rain, but it did not last long and from that point forward the weather really improved. I feel like this was a very fine day to share the roads with my friends with a casual pace at times and joking around and other times hammering up some hills. I am happy to see that my fitness is still fine even though I have been focusing my training on flatter roads with a steady pace. My legs were just fine when the pace got a little frisky going up some of those bigger hills.

I am really glad that Diane sent me a note about their ride. Thanks for letting me join you guys today.

Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 of water with maltodextrin, egg protein, BCAA's, Gluatamine
10 oz from Bottle #2  water, BCAA's, Glutamine
Mile 20| Cliff Bar
Mile 35| Cliff Bar
Finish | 40 gram whey protein drink
Home | chicken salad sandwich and tortilla chips

The Weather: dark cloudy skies at the start @ 60 degrees, light rain around mile 10, on the return cloudy skies@ 72 degrees

Bike: Cannondale six13, Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Power Data:
Entire workout (122 watts):
    Duration:      3:58:22 (4:15:00)
    Work:          1746 kJ
    TSS:           281.3 (intensity factor 0.842)
    Norm Power:    173
    VI:            1.41
    Distance:      61.617 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    748    122     watts
    Cadence:         8    246    77     rpm
    Speed:           0    39.8    15.5     mph
    Pace             1:31    0:00    3:52     min/mi
    Crank Torque:    0    1671    142     lb-in
    Temperature:     57.2    75.2    62.9     Fahrenheit

1 comment:

dwnhllgrl said...

really glad you joined us, jesse! always happy to ride w/ you :) d