Saturday, July 14, 2012

BBC-52

Garmin Connect Map & Data
Ride with GPS Map & Data
Strava Map & Data
Ride Summary
Distance: 51.9 miles
Avg. Moving Speed: 17.4
Moving Time: 3:01:25
Total Time: 3:04:54
Ride Total TSS: 187 (0.78 IF)

Solo:
Goal: Try to pick up the intensity for this shorter course.

The Ride: 
I rolled out of the brewery at 7 a.m. this morning hoping to beat the possibility of storms that were predicted. I debated with myself as to how to handle the day for mileage and intensity. My basic rule is to increase intensity as time and miles are shortened. I ended up going with the BBC-48 marked option and added a few extra miles out toward the Sunoco gas station as my turning point.

Although I could feel the fatigue from the Thursday intervals, I feel pretty good about this training effort today. A guy by the name of Dan (competitive triathlete and road cyclist) caught up with me and I tried to pace off of him for a few miles. He was a really nice guy to chat with me a little while, but he was too strong for me to keep up with him.

 About mile 36 the sky turned a bit darker and light rain, but about mile 46 it was coming down light and steady. Light enough not to sting while rolling at a good speed, but enough to soak everything. It did feel refreshing though. Rolling back into the brewery I was amazed at how many cars were in the parking area from cyclists. I guess I just missed all of them because I only saw a couple while I was out on the road. Anyway it was a good day for a shorter route and I don't think I would have done well on a longer route today.


Nutrition Intake During and after the Course:
24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA's, Glutamine, maltodextrin
 24 oz from Bottle #2  water, BCAA's, Glutamine
Finish | 40 gram whey protein drink
Home | chicken pot pie

The Weather: Very cloudy skies at the start @ 72 degrees, on the return @ 80degrees, steady rain from about mile 46 to the finish.

Bike: LOOK 585,  Garmin 800, Powertap SL+

Overall Powertap Data:
Entire workout (143 watts):
    Duration:      3:04:57
    Work:          1587 kJ
    TSS:           187.3 (intensity factor 0.781)
    Norm Power:    164
    VI:            1.15
    Distance:      51.907 mi
        Min    Max    Avg
    Power:           0    525    143     watts
    Cadence:         9    212    83     rpm
    Speed:           0    35.5    16.8     mph
    Pace             1:41    0:00    3:34     min/mi
    Altitude:        632    977    758     ft
    Crank Torque:    0    1671    153     lb-in
    Temperature:     69.8    77    72.8     Fahrenheit

No comments: