Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Training Structure Schedule

click to enlarge

This has been my training structure goal for several years now. Just as a note to those that stumble upon this blog, I am a former competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter that picked up cycling as a recreational activity.

Weight training is still my main passion that I have been dedicated to since 1982 and never had time off other than the scheduled break a couple times a year. I also believe in sports specific training that refines training for the competitor. However, that is the nice thing about being retired from lifting and that I can now enjoy some activities that I did not get to participate earlier in my life.

Having the combination of lifting and cycling in the same week is one of the biggest challenges trying to manage the training stress load, recovery time and nutrition intake, but it has also been a fun challenge. The schedule listed is my goal structure and because I don't always manage the stress load as efficiently there are weeks that I fall short of this goal in training duration or intensity.

No comments: