Saturday, July 11, 2015

Brewery Solo - In the Heat

Route and Ride Data Links:

Strava - Ride Data

Overall Ride Metrics:

Distance (miles): 80
Avg. Moving Speed (mph): 17.5
Moving Time: 4:37:08
Total Time: 4:40:32
Ride Total TSS and IF: 190.5 / 0.643

Group or Solo:

Solo

Goal:

Endurance Type Ride

Ride Description:

Wow that got hot quick!

Good thing I got somewhat of an early start at 7:30, but it might have been better to start at daylight. The last hour wasn't really that bad while moving, but moment I had to stop at an intersection the heat felt like an oven. I suppose motivation to keep moving?

I was just me and the Mule (Felt B10) today and I had the Mule packed with three full bottles and was wearing my coolest or lightest kit for the long haul. I sure love the Desoto skin cooler jersey and the 400 mile bibs for the distance. The jersey is one of the lightest feeling in my collection and it feels like air passes through the material better than the other jerseys that I have.

Probably wasn't the greatest day of training. The first part where it was cooler my brain was working out some various life stresses instead of focusing on pace and then the second half I was a little slower in the heat, but 80 in the books I suppose will do for now. I saw Derek at six miles out at a cross roads and he jumped on my wheel for a few miles. It was good to see him until his turn off. Also great to Mike and Gary on their drive back from the brewery and a quick phone chat as we were side by side in traffic. Kudos to them for knocking out the Salacoa route this morning.

Well that's about it for my day on the bike. I hope you too got in some good miles training or just out for a spin. Keep on spinning those cranks.

Minor issue: One reason I was solo today was to let an impacted nerve in my left palm heal. It was impacted while lifting at the gym and training inside on the trainer last week. I distinctly recall both occasions when it happened. I was careful today to spend most of my time in aero and keep my hands off the bar to allow it to heal.

Weather:

Temperature Start (F): 74
Temperature Finish (F): 94
Wind: 87 mph NW
Sky: Sunny

Nutrition Intake During and After:

24 oz from Bottle #1 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin
 8 oz from Bottle #2 water, BCAA, Glutamine, maltodextrin

15 oz from Bottle #3 water
Hammer gel @ mile 20
Cliff Bar @ mile 40
Post Ride | 30 gram protein drink, QT Frozen Drink
Home |


Bike:

Felt B10, Garmin 800, Quarq, Flo 60's/Conti 4000s @ 98 psi

Overall Power Data (from WKO+):

Entire workout (117 watts):
Duration: 4:37:08 (4:40:32)
Work: 1950 kJ
TSS: 190.5 (intensity factor 0.643)
Norm Power: 138
VI: 1.18
Distance: 80.555 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 429 117 watts
Cadence: 6 99 71 rpm
Speed: 0 33.6 17.5 mph
Pace 1:47 0:00 3:26 min/mi
Crank Torque: 0 1682 143 lb-in
 
 

No comments: